Receiving an enquiry letter from MIRA can be stressful and worrying and, if not handled properly, also time consuming and punitive.
Whether the enquiry has arisen because of a tax reporting omission or a misunderstanding of the Maldives complicated tax legislation, we can take the burden off your shoulders and minimize the impact on you.
Our services include:
- Liaising with MIRA on your behalf entering into written and sometimes telephone correspondence with the auditors.
- Checking MIRA’s points of law and challenging where appropriate.
- Calculating additional tax due, claiming all available reliefs and exemptions.
- Review of tax assessment issued by MIRA.
- Negotiating to reach a fair settlement minimizing tax and penalties.
- Negotiating a payment schedule.
- Provide advice on tax disputes, including ghostwriting letters to MIRA.
- Assist and represent client in filing Notice of Objection where appropriate.